The legs of the sun rays put the foot print of Africa in my heart. I just love it. My mood changes and I tend to work better. But guess what? Its another rainy day today and yesterday it was freezing cold.
Brown is the first Europen leader to go the White House and meet Obama...sounds exciting. If only they could just say...hi mate lets fix this economic mess, shall we? Way to go my brother and hey presto we are back in the boom times. That would be something.
I had a dream last night, I was talking to Bakili Muluzi and he just intimated to me that he is not running for president(?), reason being that he had his ten years and he gave what he could give to Malawians (K50) and he thinks this is the right time to let others make a contribution as well. I asked him about Brown(not Gordon). Muluzi had this to say...never mind Brown we can buy him back when the time is right...he is like buy a Brown get a Brown free. I saved the best for last and asked him about Mutharika...with a blank face he retorted..who is this guy? Thats when I woke up.
I had to ask myself as well...who is Mutharika? I know every person I have met has given a good report of him...bridges are now being built where they are supposed to be built, roads are going atleast to a place and not to nowhere...and hear this, there is actually medicine in hospitals (amazing) and maize in the grain silos (wow!). Some guys also tell me that he has a vision for the country (unthinkable in an African leader) and also that he has dared to fire corrupt and incompetent ministers(does this guy know what he is doing). In Africa we dont join politics to build roads, improve the health delivery system and fight corruption (who does Mutharika think he is). I guess that is the reason all these old guys are anxious to replace him so that my father and mother should start begging for food again. TIA(this is Africa). That the modus operandi.
When you cant get things done you know where to place the blame...organise a political rally and tell everyone that the colonial system is all to blame for our troubles.
Like the Muluzi in my dream I want to know who Mutharika is.
Rain can mean a lot in my country. It is a currency. I pray for another rainy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment