Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Shoes

I have a simple measure for a country's economic prosperity check the number of good shoes per 1000 individuals. Good shoes vary from the genuine leather ones to
barefeet. Its a crude measure but it has always worked for me. Ofcourse you need to put it into context, if you are at a beach or watching an Army parade then it does not really work.

I have been to London and the population there is all 'shoed' but I have to say on average they wear the worst shoes in the world but nonetheless they are shoes. The one thing I cant stand is a bank manager with worn-out shoes!! I wonder what message they trying to send...look at me I am taking care of your money and I cant afford a decent shoe (brilliant). But having said that though not affordable to almost the whole population I have seen more decent shoes in Africa than here, but you can afford them here, where people wear their shoes for a purpose in Africa shoes are like an accessory(make a fashion statement). I am referring to the average Joe here and not celebrities. Italians and Nigerians are in a league of their own when it comes to shoes. The best shoes I guess are Italian. What is it with Italians and beautiful things? Remember the Ferrari

People talk about the wheel as the gratest invention I talk about the sandal made from the greatest invention as the greatest invention(does this make sence).

Tell you what a girl can easily dump you (where I come from) just because you are wearing brown shoes. Q. Why did you not go out with him? A. The silly boy was wearing brown shoes, they give me headaches

Shoes can make or break you (especially smelly ones). Shoes are such a serious thing in Malawi they can win you a presidential election if you told people you will hand them out free, just make sure you dont ask their sizes...it gives you an exit plan to the promise.

I sign-off with a shoe proverb; 'You dont promise a lepper shoes'

No comments:

Post a Comment